Hey folks, sorry for the absence lately. It's been busy! Here are some interesting clips from the web these past few days:
- BroadSign Acquires Navori - Navori will be integrated into the BroadSign brand adding to the company's offerings portfolio specifically for companies requiring a closed on-premise digital signage network. Company insider Dave Haynes (now more evil than ever) broke the story first.
- BBC appoints Avanti to digital roster - The BBC has added digital media network Avanti Screenmedia to its motion graphics for factual programming roster.
- TruMedia Technologies Appoints George E. Murphy as CEO - Murphy will be responsible for driving TruMedia's Sales, Marketing and Business Development activities as well as overseeing the company's R&D and operational activities.
- Panasonic pushes plasma for outdoor ads - Brand recall leapt by nearly 20 per cent in a recent trial where 14 digital screens vied for attention against 90 static screens in a mall. Participating retailers witnessed 30 per cent sales increases with in-store screens, said the digital agency Outpost Media.
- Holocube brings 3D projection down to desktop size - Measuring about 20-inches square, the Holocube packs a 40GB hard drive for storing up to 18 hours of compressed video, which can magically float at 1080i resolution within the cube at the flick of a switch.