Here are some of today's interesting clips from the web:
- Heathrow Airport to get outfitted with digital signage - In a major expansion of the world's busiest international airport, Heathrow owner BAA Ltd. is scheduled to open the airport's fifth terminal next month -- with more advertising than almost any airport in the world. From giant billboards overlooking security lines to television screens in the underground train station, the ads have been positioned in ways BAA hopes will make them impossible to avoid. There are 333 billboards or posters and 206 flat-screen TV sets, which can change ads to target specific flights.
- VisionChina Media Announces Expansion of Coverage to Include Taiyuan - The agreement grants VisionChina Media the exclusive right to operate mobile television advertising on all public buses covered by the Shanxi Da Zhong network in the city of Taiyuan, the capital city of Shanxi province, for 8 years beginning February 3, 2008.
- Broadcast International Announces Digital Signage Customer for CodecSys Video Compression Software - SkyRec, the leading Italian provider of personalized InStore communications (Radio and Integrated TV) will use CodecSys to deploy the first private IPTV network in McDonald's restaurants in Italy. The project will be done in collaboration with Samsung Italy (Information Technology Division) which supplies the InStore monitors. The new network will deliver proprietary video content including live news, weather and sports, as well as pre-recorded commercial content to 335 McDonald's restaurants throughout Italy.
- Focus Enhancements Closes Debt Financing - Focus Enhancements closed a $20.8 million private debt placement with Ingalls and Snyder Value Partners, L.P. and a group of accredited investors arranged by Ingalls & Snyder LLC on February 11, 2008. The financing facility provides for the restructuring of an existing $11.5 million in debt, with $9.3 million in new financing.
- Magenta Expands Digital Signage Connectivity Lineup - The new model, called Octet(TM), is optimized to deliver the display control and metrics desired in dynamic signage or "narrowcasting" applications. Combined with Magenta's MultiView(TM) XR-2000 UTP/CatX receivers, WUXGA video, stereo audio and display-addressable control signals are distributed within a 2,000-foot (610 meter) radius from the source, with no repeaters or booster units.
- Taxi TV Adds Reuters Financial Content - ABC’s Taxi TV has added Reuters financial news content to the video screens found in the backseats of New York City taxi cabs. Reuters content will scroll across the tops of the screens, operated by WABC, the local owned-and-operated station.